Dec 19, 2013

First (Week of) Home Work

Writing standing lines was her first home work this week.

On the first day, she was not comfortable to write by sitting on floor. She started to lie down and write. (Awww, No! Not so early!) Then she said she wants to sit on a table & chair (இதுலெல்லாம் ரொம்ப தெளிவு!). So with her baby chair and a stool, I brought home a school kind of atmosphere.

Gaining her attention to write is a real tough. Salute to KG teachers who have to manage a bunch of students.

To cheer her up, I started telling very good, excellent, outstanding, marvelous etc words every time she writes a standing line. And this became a rule in later days. She told me today ‘mmm, tell me very good, great etc’. And so I did. (வேற வழி?)

More than writing, she is interested only in rubbing it with an eraser.

She is asking me all sorts of questions like why should I write it? Why should I write only with a pencil? In school only I have to write, why asking me to write at home? And bla bla bla

When she is writing last column of standing lines, she said ‘ammaa, this is the last time and hereafter don’t ask me to write’, in a tone as if she is doing me some favor.  

In this entire process, my BP was raising and I had to strive hard to control it.:D

No comments:

Post a Comment