Mar 2, 2018

Mom, do you love me so much?


In our apartment, few of us planned for a girls (ahem… ahem… okay… fine… you can read it as ladies too) day out to go to a movie. As I knew Maanu very well, I wanted to hide the plan from her. But this time “Acting Naradhar” was my husband (sometimes I take the role too) and he revealed the plan to her, exactly like how Naradhar might have done it. Narayana! Narayana!! His job is over and he left.

Now its Mom-Daughter time.   

She got very emotional, cried and angry. I tried to explain the following points, but she did not give a damn to hear anything.

·         There is nothing wrong in me going out without her.
·         Me going out with my friends will not reduce any of my love towards her.
·         She will realise it when she grows up.
·         And more.
·         And finally said going out for a movie with friends is definitely not wrong, but it is not important to me after making her cry this much.

Then her dad too tried to convince her, but in vain. So finally it was decided that I was not going. I was kind of okay with it, because I am in no mood to enjoy after all this drama.

Few minutes later, I was on the one corner of the bed and she on the other. I called her to come near me so many times, just to console her. But she was stubborn. So I just let alone for few minutes, while I was reading my Tamil novel in my mobile. Then again I called her to come, so that I can read the story for her (kids stories). But as she did not respond, I turned away and started reading again.

Just a few secs later, she came like a storm and tightly hugged me and started crying high. I hugged her back and consoled and promised her that I am not going out tomorrow. But in the middle of cryings, she said “No ma, you should go to movie tomorrow. If you want me to be happy, then you must go tomorrow.” I said “then why are you crying?”.

I was just surprised by her reply. I felt her reply easily bet many Tamil movie's emotional scenes. She said “I stopped you from going out, after all this arguments, my crying etc. But within few minutes, you are calmly asking me if you can read the story for me. Are you not angry at me? Do you love me so much?” and saying this, again she burst into crying.     

I was totally in surprise and then I finally said what I wanted to say/preach, by hugging her tightly. I even told her not to be so emotional towards anybody. Of late, I frequently advice her on this. Then we cried and read stories and then we slept.

The next morning, she kept telling many times me to enjoy well with friends before she left to school. So Naradhar kalagam nanmaiyildhan mudinthathu. I should really appreciate her understanding.
 
After a couple of days after this incident, she made me an origami heart box with a note “I love u” and gave it to me with an apology for the nth time for behaving bad on that day. And again after another couple of days, she wrote “I am sorry” in the black board for the same reason.

I was like “Oh no, please don’t be so emotional again.”

No comments:

Post a Comment